6/02/2005

Feedmap: Geoblog mapping

Clockwerx has pointed out Feedmap, a new service to show a map (a la google maps) of bloggers locations. Want to find bloggers in your area? Want to find the location of a blogger you're reading? Then there's a blogmap button that can be placed on your blog.

I think the idea is right, but not too sure about the execution. I received a few server errors which put me off. Plus their mapping interface is no match for Google Maps - it's based on some Microsoft technology... In fact the whole site smells of MS, which always makes me wary.

Either way, as clockwerx points out - there's some API's and something useful could certainly come out of it. As they say 1+1 is rarely = 2

2 Comments:

Blogger CloCkWeRX said...

Oh don't be such a nanna.

Chandu doesn't seem like such a bad microsoft employee :)

9:24 AM  
Blogger tahpot said...

Heh, yeah you're right. I'm just frustrated with the years taken off my life by trying to support the various IE deficiencies when doing AJAX stuff.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home